Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Lots of birds...






Lots of color.... in the migrant traps 
 today. This Chestnut sided Warbler one of many Chestnuts  I saw today May 16th.
    He was actually curious of me and OK with letting me take his photo. They are very distinct with the gold cap, black eye stripe, and that chestnut color really stands out against the white. Another one of my favorites.





This  strikingly marked Magnolia was most cooperative. He keep his eye on me but was more interested in finding food . Magnolias seem to be in the middle  canopy range . I always seem to be able find them foraging about 6-10 feet off the ground or lower.

  
      This Warbler the Black -throated Green was very active right above me. He found the food source of the day. This tree was loaded with little green caterpillars or larvae, he struck the mother load. He worked this tree from right above me to the top he was still working that tree when I left,  he must have been  one hungry Warbler.

            


This colorful Male Blackburnian was high in the canopy at least 20 feet. His bright orange throat was easy to spot against the blue sky. They are warblers  that range high in the canopy.







No comments:

Post a Comment